306 Brake problem

I wrote here a while back about a hissing from the dashboard

Someone kindly wrote back and said it was the brake servo diaphram..... (I think) and that there was no rush to get it done...

So I thought the MOT is due soon and I would wait to get them done together.

This morning the brakes were spongy, and tonight coming home, they failed completely

There was no fluid at all in the system

Could someone tell me if the first problem could cause the leak, or am I looking at a bigger problem when I take it to the garage tomorrow....ho...hum...

Any advice would help

Tony

Reply to
Tony

The message from "Tony" contains these words:

Possibly cause /by/ the leak. If the rear seal in the master cylinder's gone then the brake fluid will be sucked into the servo and into the engine (petrol) or sprayed out of the vacuum pump (diesel). It may have damaged the servo on the way.

Reply to
Guy King

Find the missing fluid and the answers will be obvious, first check each brake assy for leaks, then the pipes and hoses, lastly remove the master cylinder, you may find all the fluid inside the servo.

Reply to
MrCheerful