89 Nissan Micra

Following Oil in Water for some time. Boiled over once to often. Off with the head. Did a Head Gasket replace from the manual. I am A Total Amataeur.

However jobs now done and all is working well............

One small niggle, dont know if this is a problem or not.

Whilst ticking over ,if i turn on rear screen heater or lights etc, with each item i switch on, tickover speeds up, (more revs not greatly but noticeable). Battery is brand new. Have i got a problem looming or is this normal.

Reply to
CapStick

Good job !!!!!!1 The tickover going up is more than likely the unit under the passenger seat, at least that's where they used to put it, compensating for load on the alternator when you load up the electrics. It does this by raising the idle speed slightly when it senses a greater current draw and as far as I know is quite normal. It's probably more noticable now the engine is in good health, ie. the engine management system isn't trying to compensate for the blowing head gasket.

Stuart.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Thanks Stuart My confidence now restored.

Reply to
CapStick