97 Cavalier. Runs But Stalls When Given Gas

My cavalier starts up just fine. but when i go to rev it up it starts to stall out til i let go of the gas. i think it may be the throttle position sensor but i want to make sure. can anyone help me?

Reply to
ProMoore

Wild guess, as I such at car maintenance - air filter blocked ?

Reply to
Colin Wilson

(and typing apparently, that should read "suck")

Reply to
Colin Wilson

first check for air leaks, especially at servo and pipe. replace fuel filter, check it has good petrol, check fuel pressure

Reply to
Mrcheerful

'Stalls out'? 'Gas'? Is it a Vauxhall Cavalier or a Chevy, there, huh?

Reply to
Mark W

"Mark W" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

The Vectra was out over here way before '97, so it's almost certainly another geographically confused leftpondian.

Reply to
Adrian