Zetec 1.25l engine number question

Hi,

(reposting this as I think it got lost in the old thread)

I've just had an exchange engine put in my fiesta. The old engine no. was WUXXXXX where X is a digit. The new engine number stamp shows:

DHA (which I know is the engine type code) then VRXXXXX (which I know means Jun 1997 and then 5 digits) then a smaller character like a lower case o with two dots below it.

Question: What is that last character? Is it part of the engine number?

Thanks,

Tony

Reply to
Tony Brett

OK - a nice Ford dealer answered the question. It is not.

Tony

Reply to
Tony Brett

GO on then what is it>