Adjustment

About six months ago i replaced the cam+followers on my h-reg,1.6(pinto)ford sierra,since then i have done just over 8500miles and was wondering what sort of mileage would be recommended for re-checking the clearance's? It does sound ok but was just wondering with them being new. Many Thanks Simon.

Reply to
Sierra

h-reg,1.6(pinto)ford

It would definitely be a good plan to recheck asap. Often the clearances change a little, this changes the wear characteristics which leads to faster wear in the future. If they are all very close to correct settings when you check then you can leave them for a year or so before next check. I have found that the problem these engines have nowadays is that the valves pocket into the head (even unleaded head types to a small extent) which causes the clearance to decrease and the valves to burn.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Si