Air Con Light failed

Vectra 1999 hatchback. The switch on my dashboard to turn the air con. on used to light up when I wanted to start the air con. system in the car ( orange light). It seems to have gone off- although depressing the switch get the air con going. Are these lights replaceable ?- how do I get to the little light ? Any help- from experts appreciated.

Reply to
Oscar fabricant

Easy job. Did it last week, but sorry, I'm not an expert, otherwise I'd tell you how.

Reply to
Bertram

I think the last time I checked the switch was like £50

Reply to
dojj

In article , Bertram writes

I use "expert" in the broadest sense here- not expert in the sense of genius

Reply to
Oscar fabricant

In article , dojj writes

I take it from your post that it is not possible to replace just the bulb- the whole switch needs to be replaced ?

Reply to
Oscar fabricant

don't know, but the switch didn't light up because the ac wasn't working i'm sure it's just a little led inside, but it's worth pulling it ou to have a look

Reply to
dojj

If it were a LED, it would probably not fail, so I suspect it to be a bulb, but I'm not sure. I once removed the swictches on my veccy to get a red bulb in there, but that was not for the orange light, but the white (yellow) one (for the symbol) You just have to remove the panel (centre), then you can take the switches out. The front panel is attached only with clips.... shouldn't be to hard to remove it.

Reply to
ICE

In article , ICE writes

Thanks so much for your advice. It is so encouraging when people on this newsgroup reply positively and constructively !

Reply to
Oscar fabricant