Alright, I give up.

I've got a new pair of horns to replace the crappy squeek on my Mk 1 Mondeo.

Can I find the current one? nuh-uh. Not even when it's up on ramps.

Any clues?

Reply to
PC Paul

do you realise adding those you have doubled the value of your car................

Reply to
Lez Pawl

Get someone to give it a pip while you are searching.

Reply to
PB

Tried that, it's on the nearside somewhere, but I can't see it.

Reply to
PC Paul

IIRC it's in front of the wheel, twixt the wheel arch liner and the bumper.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

"PC Paul" wrote in news:D439h.5268$k74.322 @text.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

Take the hubcap off :-)

Reply to
Tunku

Borrow Stevie Wonder and then get someone to pip it. He'll probably be able to tell you where it is give or take a tenth of a millimetre. :-)

Reply to
Vim Fuego

Behind the wheel arch liner?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not sure about the original one, but if it's the same as the '96-'00 facelift Mk1, it's under the radiator. You'll need to get under the front of the car and undo the 9 screws holding the radiator undershield on and remove the undershield before you can see it.

Reply to
Andy Tucker

Thanks, thats what I suspected... and presumably why it's a bit feeble.

Next time it's dry and not *too* cold I'll get out and start taking bits off... that'll be April then...

Reply to
PC Paul

leave it where it is, but chop the wiring to it and connect the new horns in a different location

Reply to
mrcheerful

We can't all live oop North where the nice weather is... umm...

Reply to
PC Paul