Another focus question re: battery

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Mike P saying something like:

That's the one. I wonder if PP's Dad has now discovered Usenet.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Not quite true, yes the Calcium type requires a higher charging voltage to fully charge, BUT as the smart charge system is optimised for a calcium battery, it will not sense correct, and thus fully charge a regular non-calcium type. We all know that a undercharged battery doesnt last very long...

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..

Loads of cars used for short journeys never have a *fully* charged battery. Makes no difference to the practical life of it.

Fully discharging a lead acid does, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So I was correct then? It was only a guess. ;-)

Reply to
Gordon H

ROTFL! Yesssy indeedicourst.

Reply to
Gordon H

Safe to say I'm being a bit over keen :)

I had another look in the service history and the plugs were done at 33k cars now on 42k so could point the leads possibly ? or for the sake of the plugs worth doing them aswell ?

Excellent tip on signs of a failing battery *thumbs up*

I've been a little quiet the last few days haven't I lol the haynes manual has turned up which is keeping me entertained :) .. currently reading the rear disc pads, discs, carrier section seemes a straight forward task.

I didn't know everything was archieved so I can have a search through the main google page, excellent, thanks Chris.

I think I may have gone a little ott with all my questions so I thank you for you patience and politeness :)

Hope your all having a nice sunny morning/afternoon soon.

I plan on a little car washing and a bbq :)

Have a nice one all.

Reply to
IanFord
[...]

Check if the plugs are genuine; if so just replace the leads if you are not certain they were not done with the plugs.

[...]

You're welcome.

You too.

Chris