Anti roll-bar links (again!)

[Hope the £50 kit from Vauxhall lasts longer than the set I had put on by an independent garage for £45 including parts, labour & VAT...]

Mk3 Cav. While undoing the lower nut where the link sticks through the suspension lower arm, the suspension spring naturally pushes the whole lot down. I thought I would be able to put a jack under the lower arm and ease it up again, but that didn't work. I chickened out before I undid the nut fully because I can't see how I'm going to get the suspension arm up again when the new link is in place. Do I need spring compressors, should I be able to jack the suspension arm up or am I being a complete tit and missing something obvious?

Thanks

Pete

Reply to
PM