Anti-roll bar links

Can I change the bolts with one side of the car jacked up at a time or should I jack the whole front up? What's the best jacking point on a Mk3 Cav to jack the front up?

Thanks

Pete

Reply to
PM

I've got a trolley jack, but it specifically states not to jack one side up, axle stand it, then jack the other side up. Are they being a bit over-cautious?

PM

If you have a trolley jack, why not jack it up centrally (presumably there is somewhere central at the front under which it is OK to place the jack), position your axle stands then lower the jack?

Reply to
Jeremy

"PM" mumbled:

If you're not careful, as you jack the other side the car can lean slightly and tilt the axle stands over...which obviously ain't ideal.

Reply to
Guy King

they are worried that the car will move sideways when you jack up for the second time and thus fall off of the axle stand, it could happen but I've never had any trouble.

Reply to
Mark Craft

Yep, theres an Audi coupe just down the road with a big axlestand shaped dent in the sill from doing that.

Reply to
Duncan Wood