Astra key: one for Mr C?

Wife's just got an 03 Astra 1.7 DTi with only one key.

Local auto spares independent says he can do one for £57 plus VAT, but needs a PIN code. Nothing came with the car but apparently I can get the code from a Vauxhall main dealer if I go in with logbook and ID.

Any idea what they will charge for that, and what they might charge for the key?

TIA

Reply to
newshound

I got one done for a customer a few years ago at a local vauxhall dealer, they were very helpful and quick and IIRC it was about 35 quid all in, but allow a bit more now :)

Reply to
Mrcheerful

My local Vauxhall dealer wanted £160 to supply and programme a key a couple of years back. I'd never have another of their shit heaps again.

Reply to
Fatso

Thanks to both for the comments; I shall obviously have to tighten my belt and put on my biggest smile!

:-)

Reply to
newshound