Astra Trade in

Hope some people can help me with a deal I am about to start.

I am going to trade in my R reg Astra 1.6 GLS at a Network Q. I have had Astras before my current one and with the exception of the cam belt breaking have been happy with them. So I am going to try for a similar car.

I know my current astra had a manufacturing defect which caused the cam belt to snap ( with the expected consequences) Following engine rebuild they fitted a modification as it was apparently a design fault.

If I purchase a 2003-2004 astra which one is comparable to my current car, and are there any major problems with them. cam belt failures etc.

Aside from my main question above , what can I expect for trade in for my average mileage car and how much can I expect to knock off the sticker price.

Thanks

Reply to
James

I don't think an R reg Astra will be worth a huge amount and i would imagine the dealer be load the trade in against the network q car you buy.

You should be able to knock 500 off the screen price without a trade in without even trying.

Glass's guide list a 1.6 Gls on an R Plate with 80k as the following:

Part-exchange Price: Excellent condition: £1035 Average condition: £900 Below average condition: £760 So you should in theory manage a total cost to change of screen price less somewhere between 1250 and 1500. Potentially you could get more though.

Probably you are looking at something like a 1.6 Astra SXi which should be plentiful.

LL

Reply to
LiviLion