Astra wheel key!

Hello,

Absolutely brilliant, my Astra didn't come with a key to get the alloy wheel (5 spoke) cover off. I had to call the AA out to change a tyre which was really annoying. I did try the screwdriver in the kit but give up.

I can't get a straight answer out of the main dealer, so does anyone know how much the key costs to get the cover off? The AA man had one so i can only think it is a common fitting to all cars around 1999 in the Vauxhall range.

Thanks.

Reply to
Geoff

Try your local scrappy, my old local one had a collection of them.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

A kit of 4 new screws and the matching key are available from any Vx dealer for a reasonable sum (cant remember how much exactly, but less than £20).

HTH

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt

THANKS to both of you! I will try tomorrow.

Reply to
Geoff
£5 second hand plus P&P... have about 5000 of them !!!!

JK

Reply to
JK

Plus P&P, you're a RIP OFF merchant !

Reply to
Jerry.

OK...£7.50 all in !! Hows that

JK

Reply to
JK

How about £2.50 plus a first class stamp (which should cover the cost of a strong envelope) ?

After all they have no scrap value, is not unobtainable nor is it rare - you should be thankful you can get shot of them...

Reply to
Jerry.

How about your thankful you can get them for less than £20 from vaux,

at 7.50 that still makes 12.50 in my sky rocket, know which id be buying!

after id blagged and failed vaux for a freebie!

anyway no-one said you have to buy one off him #

shish some folk!

:-P

Reply to
Tom Burton

Thats why I break 500+ Vauxhalls a year & you don't :-)

JK

Reply to
JK

But for that money from Vx I'll get four spare fixing screws as well, and I bet the four fixing screws are the parts that cost the most to produce... :~P

Reply to
Jerry.

And an over full wallet no doubt !

Reply to
Jerry.

Jealous?

Profit is a dirty word in this country

Reply to
Tom Burton

Why should you begrudge him making a living? There is nothing wrong with profit. The only problem is when people try and con you and there is no suggestion that this is happening here.

Reply to
Alan

And you left the motor trade because...;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman

There is hen you look at the cost of a new key (along with new screws) from Vx...

Reply to
Jerry.

No, not at all...

you have the choice of buying the the Vx set. or just the key (and saving the rest as the screws are not required)

Its your money, if youd rather cut off your nose to spite your face, then thats up to you, your money, you earnt it, do as you please,

You dont HAVE to buy it now do you?

Reply to
Tom Burton