Astra radio question

Hello,

I have a 56 plate Astra with the factory fitted CD30 radio/cd. I bought the car second hand. I have a handbook for the car but it doesn't cover the radio. Should there be a second manual for the radio and where can I get a copy?

The volume control (on the radio, not the one on the steering wheel) has stopped working. I can switch the radio on and off by pressing it but when I turn it, it will not increase or decrease the volume. The volume can be adjusted on the steering wheel. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Is it a DIY fix or is it a trip to the dealer?

Thanks. Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

It's a DIY job if you are used to stripping down fiddly electronic things and desoldering. Do a google groups search for "rotary encoder Arfa Daily" and you will find his tips how to sort out grease contamination in the contacts of this 'electronic volume control' nightmare present in much of todays audio electronics. On the other hand, it could be a supply or data contact (dry solder joint) in the near vicinity of the control and the set's microprocessor.

Simpler and less risk flinging the unit back at the dealer, but what costs may they may extract from you for that? Hmmm, do a search for CD30 on eBay...

Reply to
Adrian C