Audi 100 washer jets.

The washer jets on my '93 A100 (the A6 shape transitional model) don't heat any more. I've checked the resistance and they're both open circuit.

How do I get them out? Things like this are normally held in with barbs on the moulding but I can't see anything to release these.

Are they glued in or what?

Reply to
Guy King

No, they spring in , but I had to cut the old ones out when I changed mine as they'd stuck well & truly.

Reply to
Duncanwood

The message from Duncanwood contains these words:

Perhaps I'd better get the new ones before I take the old ones out then!

Out of interest - how much were the new ones? I take it they're a dealer part?

Reply to
Guy King

Give Eurocarparts a bell. They don't list everything they stock in their cat.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The message from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

Hah! I just checked the catalogue, too. Good idea.

Reply to
Guy King

However they where the same price as the local dealer when I bought some.

Reply to
Duncanwood

The message from Duncanwood contains these words:

I'd better find my local Audi dealer then. I've not needed to know where they are yet. I don't suppose they'll like me parking my battered elderly whale amidst their gleaming monsters. Must make sure I don't accidentally rinse any of the mud off first.

Reply to
Guy King

Weirdly mine feeds me cups of tea whilst I hang around looking scruffy & buying low value items from them. Maybe they live in hope :-)

Reply to
Duncanwood