Citroen AX cylinder head swap

Does the camshaft on the cylinder head of a citroen AX rotate once for every two revolutions of the crankshaft?

There is a mark on the camshaft sprocket to indicate TDC so if I am swapping a cylinder head off another engine I need to get them at the same point in the engine cycle. Is that correct?

Cylinder One could be at the end of its compression stroke when the other engine cylinder one is the end of the exhaust stroke.

Reply to
David Cawkwell

The message from "David Cawkwell" contains these words:

Yes, yes, and yes.

Reply to
Guy King

Bloody well hope so.

Reply to
Conor

If anyone was going to make a camshaft that did different though, it would be the French....

Reply to
Chris Street

The message from Chris Street contains these words:

There's not particular reason why the camshaft couldn't turn at a quarter of the crankshaft speed - you'd just need double sided lobes.

Of course, there are good reasons why this would be inadvisable - but it'd work.

Reply to
Guy King