Audi A4 Avant (1997) reverse light problem

I'm a little stuck trying to get the reverse lights to work in my 97 A4 Avant. I've changed both bulbs and checked all the fuses in the fusebox and they still don't work. I wondered if anyone has any ideas where I should start looking next? Don't know if it's connected but the rear wiper doesn't work either. Washer does but wiper is completely dead. Thanks

Reply to
bigcrags

There could be a break in the wiring at the top of the hatch door where the hinges are. This would explain why rear wipers don't work either.

Many cars have the actual reverse gear switch on the gearbox itself, so that would be the next place to look if the above checks out OK.

Reply to
Geoff Dingle

Thanks Geoff

Reply to