Audi A6 CV boot replacement

I used to do all my own repairs, but have got old and out of the habit! I'm wondering how easy or difficult it would be replace the cv boot on an Audi A6. I would need to pull the hub...do you, the experts here, think its worth the satisfaction of doing-it-myself, or likely to be a bugger!

Cheers.

Reply to
just asking

You don't have to pull the hub (which is good, the guage on my press hit 9 tonnes before it came out) Instructions here

the last paragraph before you start.The bolts tight. You want a new bolt & a big lever before you start.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Thanks for your reply and the links....good news about not pulling the hub then. I'll have ago at this for the satisfaction of doing a good job myself again. Much appreciated.

Reply to
just asking