HPi Check- wheres best?

Im looking at buying a new car and am looking for a decent place to do hpi checks, namely on the following car. Where is worth trying.

Thanks

Reply to
Rob Kirk

The mileage for the year tells me that it has probably spent a good long time being re-built in a workshop...

But I am slightly cynical.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

Strangely enough it is :

done straight away on line and a pack comes a few days later, plus a guarantee they are right.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

In article , Nik&Andy writes

The wear on the top of the gearstick gaiter is inconsistent with the mileage too, though the wheel, pedal rubbers and seats look okay. I agree the mileage looks too good to be true for the year.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I had noticed the wear on the gearstick gaiter. Im guessing that any mileage check would only tell me what miles were recorded at the time of each mot so had one of the owners wound back the mileage prior to each mot it would be untraceable. I also thought with it having 3 owners, the chance of all 3 being the type that did minimal mileage/year is slim.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Kirk

What's the one on your Cav like ? The gaiter on mine was worn "white" when I got the car at 80K and hardly looked any different at 150K when it was scrapped - I assumed it had deteriorated very quickly.

Reply to
John Laird

In article , John Laird writes

It's a little worn white around the top. But then I change gear using the knob, not the shaft :)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Ooooo, matron !

[I'll get me coat.]
Reply to
John Laird

I assume you are going to test drive it?

Reply to
Scott