2001 XLS Driver's seat question

While driving, when I recline the driver's seat one notch back from the fully upright position an intermittent knocking noise starts, it seems to be coming from behind or underneath the seat (I can't tell exactly where). The knocking stops when the seat is put in the fully upright position. These are cloth seats. I just purchased this Explorer Friday. My second one. And no, its not my little one kicking the back of the seat either ;) Anyone have any experience with this problem?

Reply to
David Hunker

On my 93 EB, I get a clunk under the seat if it is raised and I stop or go quickly (Power seats). When it is all the way down, as I normally haved it, no clunk. It seems like theres a little play in the seat bracket.

Joey