auto box.gear selection

I have a Vauxhakk Vectre 03. As usual, as I am geting the car ready to sell a problem with the gearbox appears. Everything works fine although when I try to select Park, the stick can not enter to position, even when the ignition is off. I cana a feel solinoid type feeling when I put my foot on the brake but something is preventing it from entering park. Any thourghts Thanks

Reply to
cran

HI,

I'm a little lost, can you feel the solenoid clicking when you put your foot on the brake ? If you can, you may need the selector cable adjusting, to check this put the car in reverse postion and see if the reverse lights come on, if they don't you need the selector adjusting. If the solenoid is not clicking you need to check the brake pedal switch, there are usually two, one operates the brake lights and one gives neutral when stationary and releases the lock in the gear selector.

I hope this helps a little, if you give me more information I'll see if I can help you.

Take care.

Lee.

Reply to
bill