Automatic Gearbox Check message Vauxhall Omega

Hi, When I came home this evening, my 2L auto Omega developed a strange problem. The Check Automatic Gearbox message came up, and the car stayed in 3rd or

4th gear all the time unless I manually selected a lower gear. At the same time the engine management, seatbelt ?, and ABS lights started coming on and off as I "accelerated" . I haven't a clue what this lot means ? Does anyone have any idea ? Cheers Tony
Reply to
Tony Benham

with the combination of all these problems in one go, it sound like possibly a faulty earth to the ECU?

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Hi Tony,

The very same thing happened to my N reg Omega SL 2.5 automatic. Did you find the problem, or will I be at the mercy of the local dealer? Any information in advance will be appreciated.

horton

Reply to
horton