Back again.

And they run forever :-)

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

That doesn't narrow it down much, we were frequently telling people their parts were on back-order!

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

In news:1gjv1gz.1f6xusvfob38dN% snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net, Andy Hewitt decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Ain't that the truth. Ain't no substitute for cubes, and Alfa cubes look and sound gorgeous.

Reply to
Pete M

Andy Hewitt ( snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

And all without a word of a lie. Italian logistics, gotta love 'em!

Reply to
Adrian

Pete M ( snipped-for-privacy@blue-nopressedmeat-yonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Ah, the metallic grey v6 75 I had...

Looked like a filing cabinet, exited roundabouts sideways.

Reply to
Adrian

As does the 2lt TS.

I was seriously tempted to go down the V6 route, but they're horrendously thirsty, need expensive cambelt changes (I like my chains) and the clutch costs as much as the car if it needs replacing.....

Reply to
SteveH

That's true, and the autos tend to die as well.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

LOL, and just try an order something from Italy in August!

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

SteveH ( snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It's an aging Alfa. Filling it up costs as much as the car.

Reply to
Adrian

Heh.

Have you checked out the price of a nice 75 these days? - whilst they're around for under £1k, most have some problems you will probably need to fix (in my case a whining diff) - if you want a fault-free one with good bodywork you're looking at £1500 - £2500....

Reply to
SteveH

SteveH ( snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I couldn't sell my v6 at the Stanford Hall Alfa National Day for £400 a couple of years ago.

So I swapped it for a 2cv, which I promptly sold for £1100.

The Alfa then got passed on (for £400) to a bloke who ripped the bottom off the 'box on a bumpy track and scrapped it.

To be fair, though, it was a 2.5 Auto.

Reply to
Adrian

Good to see you back - The Marea is still going --- strong ??!

Hope all is well up north (you're missed down here !)

Don't forget alt.autos.fiat too..........

A different Graham .

Cheers

Reply to
Graham

Would that be the 'Weekend' you have there? I remember it well.

Yes it is, I haven't enjoyed a job this much, well, ever really.

I'll try too, erm, I mean, not too ;-)

Cheers,

Reply to
Andy Hewitt