Best value online car battery suppliers?

Can anybody suggest a good online supplier of car batteries?

Reply to
Tom

Tom (Tom ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Carriage is too difficult for normal lead-acid batteries to make it worthwhile. Just go down your local factor, unless you want something fancy like a gel battery.

Reply to
Adrian

I went to a local spares shop yesterday for a battery. Last time I asked there they were cheaper than most. This time they were far from cheap. I was shown their notes from their suppliers, telling them of a 10% increase in September, another 10% early this month, and there will be another 10% on

1st December. All down to the price of lead apparantly. Went to another battery supplier, and saved £10 (£58 not £68). It's for a diesel BTW.
Reply to
Brian

ICBW but my father found somewhere online that will merrily courier batteries to you for a keen enough price. They got the wrong one delivered for my Mother's Saab. The company said they'd send someone round to pick it up but nobody came. It's a big bugger. Too big, which was the problem. It won't fit in any of our cars.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Could you find out the name?

I did find a couple of eBay sellers that were charging £10 for delivery and their prices were ok.

Reply to
Tom

12 months ago you could not give scrap batteries away, they are now fetching £250 a ton!
Reply to
Fred

Gah! I've just been out to the Garage and looked to see if I could find anything on the packaging as my father isn't in. The company seemed to be called Electro something and the battery seems to have been shipped from North Wales somewhere.

There's a chance it was an ebay sale. Will go and look for the name again after my dinner.

Failing that, as others have said, find a good local motor factors. A Halfords has just opened here reasonably recently and the only local Car Accessories shop has gone from being 'cheap' to 'just cheaper than Halfords'.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

obviously it''s not only the weight, it's the fact that they have acid in them. I had to buy my motorbike battery 'dry charged' and pay a local garage to fill it for me. Halfords seem to like selling batteries, judging by the number they have on display ?

Reply to
mr p

Of course they like to - at *those* prices. My friendly lcoal motor factors got bought out by bennetts and now it's guys in ties behind a counter asking 3 times the price in general. Last time I went in I was so shocked I told them they were having a laugh and there's no way I'm payign those prices and they almost immediately cut them by half. ..was still more than Halfords though.

Reply to
adder1969