Best Rated threads in Car Maintenanceshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Nissan Primera Question
The wife has an 04 Nissan Primera that is showing a service is due every time I start it. The car has just been serviced by a non Nissan dealer but they haven't reset the message. I had the same...
4
4

2001 1.6 Golf Erratic Idle
My 1.6 Golf has been suffering from erratic idle for some time and this has persisted despite two visits to garage. I have heard that these symptoms can be caused by a "Power Steering Switch Fault"....
7
7

Focus Idle Issues
My 2001 Focus 1600 Zetec petrol has developed an annoying issue with idling. It became 'lumpy' with an inconsistent idle speed, with the rev counter needle twitching around, sometimes jumping up to...
4
4

Help! Ford fiesta air circulation not working Car steaming up
Hi I own a Ford fiesta 1.25 zetec 1999. Just recently i have started to have problems with the air circulation. The car is constantly steaming up! The only way i can clear it is by having the air...
5
5

audi a4 RPM drops (LIKE A HICCUP) ??
hello everyone i have a problem in audi A4 1.8T (2002). i hope some one can answer me and really appreciate it. what it does is....when u run the car some time and stuck in a traffic jam (or when...
4
4

Central Locking Problem with Key MK5 Astra
My car is 05 Plate Vauxhall Astra Estate Diesel 1.7CDTI How do you lock the car with the key for example if the remote fob fails on you? , When i lock the drivers door with the Key it only locks the...
3
3

Fuel gauge always 'on'
Before I switch on the engine or even insert the key, the fuel gauge is showing tank level. 97 214si Also, from cold, engine idles at 1250 until warm then settles down to 750ish. Just passed its MOT...
8
8

Sudden brake failure in mk3 VW Golf
Hi, I wonder if anyone could comment on this? A few months ago the brakes suddenly stopped working on VW Golf. I pressed the brake pedal and had no response; the pedal was loose and was depressed to...
135
135

P reg Punto - Interference Engine?
Mates cam belt just snapped, anyone know if they're interference engines? I think its the 1.1.
12
12

Locking a Passat without activating the alarm
Hi all, 52 reg Passat - is there an easy way to lock it without turning the alarm on, from outside the car? I`d like to be able to leave the dog in it, but hed set the alarm off. i`ve tried locking...
4
4

Ford KA battery....polarity?
Hey all, I've removed my girlfriends flat battery from her Ford KA, connected it up to my car battery charger and there is a little light indicating "reverse polarity" and it refuses to charge. The...
5
5

Is RWD really much worse than FWD in winter/snow? Snow chains?
Are rear wheel drive cars really bad in the snow/winter weather compared to front wheel drive cars? Does this mean they sell less rear wheel drive cars in the north/scotland becaue of this? Has...
38
38

car engine slightly vibrating after going through flooding
Hi, I have a petrol volkswagon bora. I was driving through fairly flooded conditions. In one place the water was high but not really bad. I went through the water and the car didn't die. However later...
6
6

Fiesta Ghia 2001 remote key programming
I had to replace the battery in the key recently and guess that it now needs reprogramming or recognising by the central locking system so it will work remotely again. Have found instructions for the...
5
5

Squeal/screeching from a '97 Fiat Punto engine
Hi, I'm trying to trace a squealing or screeching noise on a '97 Fiat Punto 75 (1.2 engine). I thought it was the drive belt slipping but a squirt of WD40 on the belt had no effect at all. I now...
8
8

Metro tyre pressure
Can anyone advise what's the correct tyres pressure or pressures for an L reg Metro 1.1C with 155/65R13s on it? Shufti of the Web fails to give an answer, can't see it on the car anywhere, don't have...
4
4

BMW 320D 2001 Flat Spot
My 320d has an iritating lag when putting your foot down, it starts to accelerate then goes flat, and never delivers the punch it should, any ideas as to the problem?
2
2

Central locking on loop Mondeo Mk2 Zetec
Hi Guys, My Mondys' central locking has just spontaneously decided to auto unlock every time I try and lock it manually or with the key fob. So at the moment I can't lock it. I have disconnected the...
5
5

Fiat Punto horn fault
My sons 2003 Fiat Punto Active 60 8V failed its first MOT 'cos the horn has suddenly stopped working. I've checked out most of the circuit and need some advice. The horn push is working fine, and the...
4
4

Fiat Punto heater not working
My wife has a 51 plate FIAT Punto Eleganze. About 2 months ago the heater (blower) packed in. It went in to my local garage and they said it was probably the switch, so ordered a new one, no joy. They...
4
4