Binding brakes

Brakes which do not release when the brake pedal or handbrake is released, so the car is more difficult to move and the brakes will heat up, possibly to a dangerous degree.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Ahhh I see,

When would such a thing occur ? or possible causes of this ?

Thanks for that Mrcheerful.

Reply to
James

brakes are maladjusted or need repair in general, leaking fluid, something seized etc.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

What is the cause of this is LACK OF SERVICING. When it occurs is when people haven't serviced their cars properly.

Reply to
Conor

Or possibly they have had their car 'serviced' at a main dealer or K***fit-U-up!

Terry D.

Reply to
Terry D

Rust in the piston or caliper, rust on the outside of the caliper causing sliding parts to bind against each other. rust on the internal slider pins or a lack of the proper grease. When I refurbed my calipers there was about

2mm of rust all over. The piston side wore it's pads down much faster due to the massive friction on the slidey bits.
Reply to
Doki