Black smoke

The message from "DervMan" contains these words:

Dippers round here several times a year. And every time, there's plenty of red faces. Silly arses.

Reply to
Guy King

As do/did Porsche. One lives round the corner from me.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

There seems to be lots of testing at places where people who have easy access to red diesel are likely to be, I've been dipped twice at cattle markets. Elsewhere they obviously go for trucks and vans, but there seem to be very few random roadside car checks.

Reply to
andypdq

No idea, but here's some good black smoke...

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

LOL! I was a special.

Reply to
DervMan

"Hello, PC DervMan......"

They always told me I was special.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

SPC... :)

Yes but that was for a different reason. You're gifted. I'm just a geek.

Oh, by the way, the link you want is:

DervMan

The message from "DervMan" contains these words:

I don't mind Kas - they're probably nice little cars - but it's just that every time I see one from behind they look to me like a dog squatting for a dump.

Reply to
Guy King

LOL! Ours has two ass holes then! :)

Reply to
DervMan

I hate to be the barer of bad tidings but red diesel is not ultra low sulphur. It used to be the same except for the colour but not anymore. In fact the UK has some of the shittiest [red] diesel in Europe. John Deere are having terrible trouble with their common-rail engines allegedly. They seem to say that they only have the problem in the UK and it is due to poor fuel. Yeah right! We've all heard that sort of excuse before. Ford tried it when their power+ engines and all series10 engines started to go porous. It wasn't long before they went porous everywhere.

In fact most tractors over 100hp use either electronically controlled high pressure Bosch VP pumps or are common rail these days. Just being introduced in large horsepower ranges are agri and other offroad equipment with variable vane turbo's and cooled exhaust gas recirculation.

Huw

Reply to
Huw