BMW estate

I bumped in to a chap as I was getting in my car whos car was attempted to be broken in to. Looks like they tried jamming a screw driver in the drivers lock and he said the dead locks came down and he can't start it now.

I said he'll just try and keep pressing the remote button on the fob but it wasn't working.

I suggested discoonnecting the battery which is located in the boot or rear I think. He didn't think it was worth a try and continued to press the open button.

Sadly nothing I could do to help, so left him to it.

Any ideas what he had to do to get it going again ?

Reply to
Jacob