BMW Help

Hi my BMW wont start when the weather gets colder. After a jump start it starts all day until it sits for a few hours then wont start again. Is it a new battery it needs?

Reply to
George

Do you have some kind of load on the battery that wasn't there when it left the factory? I'm thinking badly fitted electrical acc's, ICE, immobiliser (suffered a shitty DIY immobiliser myself on a Cossie back in the day, took weeks and £££s to diagnose) etc?

Reply to
deadlock

Reply to
George

Yup. The first frosts bring out all those with dodgy batteries.

Reply to
Conor

The message from "George" contains these words:

Petrol or diesel?

Reply to
Guy King

Reply to
George

The message from "George" contains these words:

Well, that eliminates dying glowplugs!

Reply to
Guy King

Yes. Soon it won't even jump start, which is the next stage in battery deterioration.

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable

Or it's got a current drain, disconnect the earth lead from the battery once you've driven it & see if it sparks as you do so. If you reconnect it four hours later & it will start the car then you need to find the current drain, if it won't start the car you need a new battery.

Reply to
Duncanwood

Reply to
Dr Wu