Bodywork cost

Anyone got TTS, Audatex or similar and care to give me a rough idea on what painting both front doors on a MK2 golf is liable to set me back? Flat white.

Even better if you can recommend a decent bodyshop in the east mids / south yorks.

Reply to
doki

Come to think of it, Audatexs cost £ per go... Not too likely :D.

Reply to
doki

doki ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

If you just want flat white, then a fiver for a brush and a litre from Wickes.

If you want gloss, that's when it gets pricy.

Reply to
Adrian

You mean flat? Or plain white?

You'd need to say what the condition is. And is this something like a colour change on secondhand doors?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Flat or plain, as opposed to metallic.

Needs stripping, repainting and possibly a tad of filling / rust work. Doors are fitted to a second hand car, but aren't second hand as such ;).

Reply to
doki

*Solid* colour, then? ;-)

Then it's impossible to say. If they're damaged and rusty, best to get some decent secondhand ones.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)