Bodywork repair cost?

My Peugeot 205 got run into and was wondering what the insurance company will do.

The damage runs fron the front door along the entire side of the car to the rear bumper. Afaik the car is not bent although the rear suspension may possibly have sustained minor damage. The front wing avoided damage however.

Working on the basis of it needing the minimum of a new door skin, new rear bumper, repair to the rear bodywork and repainting how much will this cost?

Will the car likely be written off based on a value of only £800-£900? If it is borderline should I insist on a repair or insist on a write off?

sPoNiX

Reply to
S P O N I X

Had pretty much the same situation, my 205 was valued at £700, I got £550 settlement, the cat back and a nice Laguna until the claim was settled coz fortunatly the guy who hit me didn't contest & had reasonable cover.

Reply to
Synaptic Flow

I recently paid (cash) 300 quid for a small scrape on my rear wing - no new parts needed, but metallic paint. Larger jobs will be cheaper pro rata because of paint mixing etc.

London repair shop charging 28 quid an hour labour.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

So they gave you £550 *and* the car back?

sPoNiX

Reply to
S P O N I X

Yeah, I was surprised as anyone but they deemed it an economic write off & I presume because of the low value it made more sense for them to force me to junk it. Actually I repaired it, so I came out quids in!

Reply to
Synaptic Flow

Just paid £460 for repair and respray of my rear wing and door on the 405, not metallic, but then it was a bastard big dint :)

Reply to
Dan405

They will write it off and likely offer you around £500 as a first offer

Reply to
Me