boot lock stuck

The car is a 1993 Cavalier 1.8 i hatchback.

The tail-lid lock has stuck in the "in" position. I have got into the boot area from the back seats and there is no obvious way of releasing the lock. The trim looks as through it cannot be taken away unless the tail-lid is opened up. Anyone have any idea how I remove this lock or release it?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
News

I have sometimes managed to push the lock back by making a small hole ( or two ) in the plastic and poking with a screwdriver. plenty of wd on the lock from outside is a good start.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

The lock is pushed right back. It is stuck in the "in" position. It is a push in lock with the key hole in the centre of this.

I don't quite understand what you mean. Are you referring from the inside or the outside of the tail-lid?

Reply to
News

This happens now & again with my cav. I am able to pull it out by inserting key and turning slightly and pulling outwards ... hope this works for you. You'll then need to spray around lock etc, with oil

Good Luck

Reply to
chris

Think he means spray the lock with WD40 from outside then poke a small screwdriver through the trim panel inside to try and push the lock cylinder back out from the back as you said you can get into the boot from the rear seat.

You'll end up with a hole in the trim panel but hopefully a free lock.

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

I have tried this but I am afrais of breaking the key. It is stuck right in and appears solid.

I'll try WD40 , in a vain hope.

Reply to
News

I squirted WD40 into the lock, left for a minute or two, and then did what you suggested. It worked. I then left the tailgate open and squirted WD40 into the lock to get it well oiled. I'll have to get it well graphited and assess how to get of jail next time this happens in real big way.

Thanks to all who contributed.

Reply to
News