bored...

... anyone fance a meet up tomorrow / today or monday? pub somewhere for lunch maybe? Nice day out driving in the snow and ice...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

maybe you could drive up SteveH's ass hole, there is plenty of room. (pls)

Reply to
Theo

It's a nice idea Tim, but it's just a question of whether I can make it before the snow is all gone.

I'm not sure quite where you are, but I've always assumed East Yorkshire, perhaps around the Beverley or Market Weighton area. I know Conor lives in Driffield, so he might be interested.

Anyhow I certainly like the idea.

Best wishes all, Dave - alias TripleS.

Reply to
David Knowles

Yep - Hull. Conor probably can't get out of his front door this morning...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Where do you live? It rained here (Warrington) last night so it's just wet now. Boring.

Reply to
conkersack

Never mind. Hull.

Reply to
conkersack

Hull - other end of the M6 - still snowing here

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

We're in the middle of a rather intense blizzard - i think the chances of getting out of any of the hills out the village today are slim at best...

Reply to
DanTXD

How snowy is it? Is it proper snow, or just pretend British snow with lots of accidents?

Reply to
conkersack

Coward

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Wetwang chippy at 13:00?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Not going out much now. Saving the fuel/mileage on the car while I'm trying to sell it. Plus, having a bit if a downer, not doing anything in partic in the house either, not good company for anyone, especially the missus, or even my self.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Did you not get the 5 minutes of snow?

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

No sorry, I can't manage that today starting from Whitby, but good luck to the rest of you.

Maybe another time.

Best wishes and take care, Dave.

Reply to
David Knowles

Ahh well - sod it - going to KFC for lunch.

Stuff you all.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Oh yeah, I even drove home from Manchester through the 'blizzard' at about 8pm-ish. One clown on the M56 even had full fog-light & 40MPH hideousness on the go! What he must have thought of the hooligan in the Skoda zooming past at 80 and with no fog lights on, well, christ only knows.

The snow was still sticking as I went to bed at midnight, you can imagine my excitement at the prospect of more snow through the night and High Legh back-lanes in the morning, but alas my dreams were, once again, shattered.

Reply to
conkersack

Why, whats up dude? You sound like I feel today - I met up with a 'bird from the past' yesterday and now my head doesn't work properly. Dang!

Reply to
conkersack

I just looked it up on the RAC routefinder thing, and it's like 2 hours away man. My bed now feels extra comfy.

Reply to
conkersack

It's the best chippy in the world though

Just thinking whether everything will be open on Monday - in case anyone seriously would like a brief meet am thinking Spring Ram (IKEA) Leeds, there's a pizza hut there and it's easy access from most places.

Plus I can replace all the plates and glasses that got broken this year...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Not sure about that. It's in Yorkshire for a start...

Reply to
conkersack