Breakdown cover - AXA assist?

I've noticed that Breakdown direct are doing a nationwide recovery package for £49.95 using AXA assistance, this is over £30 less than AA option 200.

Does anyone have any experience with AXA assist? I've always been a fan of the resourcefulness of some of the AA men (e.g. supplying and replacing a throttle cable on a mid- engine Toyota MR2 - well worth the £10 tip). But getting a proper AA patrol in London is becoming a bit hit and miss in London. The only time I used them last year they sent around a contractor who was only interested in towing me to the nearest garage, no attempt to look under the bonnet and he had a pretty bad attitude as well.

Cheers

Reply to
Karl