Calling BMW owners - Dave P?

This just in from a mate...

"Does you know what kind of oil goes into the 2.8i BMW gearbox? I believe some of the gearboxes have colour-coded labels which BMW use to spec the oil requirements, but the Web is throwing-up diddly-squat in terms of hard-evidence/details. Some bods reckon on ATF and others are randomly commenting on SAE80 this, and SAE90 that...most of it is bollards! Can someone sensible please help."

Anyone know? Ta.

Reply to
DocDelete

Which 2.8i, with which box?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If its that important get a BM dealer to do it - it cannot be tht expensive (IF you have to ask then sounds too expensive for you)

Reply to
Tommy

R reg 328i coupe 5 speed manual I've since discovered that the handbook recommends ATF. My esteemed colleague's dilemma seems to be minor: what type of ATF? I've suggested "anything of good repute"...seems that some folk suggest synthetic.

Reply to
DocDelete

At a guess. Dexron II Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

BMW use their 'own' 'lifetime' ATF in their autos these days. It will cost a fortune.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

FFS - this is uk.rec.car.maintenance not uk.rec.car.getsomeoneelsetoworryaboutitandliveinignorance The path to enlightenment is to ask questions.

Reply to
DocDelete