Calling RODNEY PONT - RE Omega tyre wear

I have just noticed your post of 8th Sept 2002, and the problems you had on front tyre wear sound similar to mine.

You mentioned that a Local garage seemed to sort out the problem,

Can you tell me the name and location of the garage ????

I have still got a uneven tyre wear problem on my 2000 plate 2.5CDX (only 22k mls), on front N/S and featheing of outside edge mainly. I don't know why, but the car has never "Felt" right and there is resonance or vibration through the car at a couple of certain speeds (30mph and 70mph).

The Vauxhall Dealer I bought the car from (COWBOY Dane County - Nortwhich Cheshire with 8k mls) and they have had the car back too many times than I care to remember and they still have failed despite changing lower bushes(and Prop-Shaft !!)and tracking vehicle on many occasions.

I am hoping that I could take it to the place you had yours done if you were happy with it as I am prepared to travel if it could sort it out. I may then be able to have the "Rails" installed on my Omega which I am sure has never actually experienced them in the first place

- poor thing!

Hope you can help.

Cheers,

Andy.

Reply to
Andy

Sorry for the delay Andy, I'm a bit behind. The garage that sorted mine is Sunset Garage at Ulleskelf telephone 01937 833365. It's in a small village just to the east of the main road running south from Tadcaster in North Yorkshire.

I had new front tyres in November last year but I've only done 2000 miles so it's a bit early but so far the wear is even and the car is still on 'rails'. I got the tyres from there as well and it was the cheapest I've ever paid for Michelins at =9C142.76 fitted.

Best of luck Andy.

Reply to
rp

CHEERS RODNEY - I'll give them a go next time I am in that neck of the woods.

Thanks again,

Andy.

Reply to
Andy