Camper windscreen

A pal has the following camper van :-

Make: Pilote S.A. Model: Galaxy 25MX

and has been quoted 2500 quid to replace a cracked windscreen.

Seems a tad excessive to me. Any thoughts?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

IIRC they're built on Fiats, but the windscreen may well be custom. CHeapest solution is probably to get someone who speaks french to get a price from pilote. 2500 doesn't sound far out for the price of a custom screen.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Try here.

Dave Baker

Dave,

Perhaps a silly question - is the van insured fully comprehensive?

If it is, why doesn't you pal replace the screen under that cover and pay the small excess that usually applies - around £60 or so?

If it is a daft question, shout and I'll get my coat. :-)

Cash

Reply to
Cash

My thoughts too - but it seems his insurance company has a ceiling of 1000 quid on windscreen replacement.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

£2500!! I thought a grand for the Kubel windows was a lot considering they are all flat. But the NU didn't bat an eyelid at it.
Reply to
Depresion