Car Cooler

A/C has broken in car. don't have time to fix it before we go away tomorrow. Are there any portable cooling devices around that I could buy?

TIA

Jon

Reply to
JRS

You won't have a sunroof, I guess. Not with A/C fitted.

So just drive with the *back* windows half open and the air vents on full cold on your face. It's a bit noisy - you need the radio pretty loud or off - but it cools you down pretty well.

Unless you've got whiny kids in the back who won't like the windows being open. In which case you're on your own!

Reply to
PC Paul

A lot of people seem to have that impression. But on looking at car purchases I've never seen any correlation between A/C and a lack of a sunroof. My girlfriend was half a day away from buying a Clio which had both.

Reply to
Mark Hewitt

Mark Hewitt ( snipped-for-privacy@markhewittDotCoDotUk.spammers.will.die) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Both my current XM and previous CX had both.

BUT - it has to be said that the sunroof has died out with the rise of aircon. I find that a shame - I like sunroofs (and, yes, I am tall - 6'2")

Reply to
Adrian

Agreed - im 6'1 and enjoy some days with the sunroof open and some with the AC on. Mine, my fathers, my brothers and my girlfriends cars have both AC and sunroof.

Coyoteboy

My Focus does :-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

..and mine, I preffer to have that particular item from the 'bells and whistles' list It helps let hot air out before starting the air con going too :)

Reply to
mr p

It does have a sunroof and a/c (busted) - mondeo V6 Si. Was hoping for something a little more effective than the sunroof but if that's all there is wife and kids will have to suffer and i will ignore the moaning!

Thanks anyway.

Reply to
JRS

Not in the UK. Over the channel it seems more common to have one or the other.

Reply to
CWatters

My Lucida has two sunroofs and dual air-con too :)

Reply to
Tim Anderson

Oooooo and I've got a bigger todger. Ffs

Reply to
prodigyofcabbage

LOL at stressed M@.

Reply to