Car oil

In article , SmileyFace writes

I'm sure all suicidal motorcyclists appreciated your efforts.

Reply to
Jamie

In article , Nik&Andy writes

I just had this dilemma this morning. Tesco's own brand 10/40 oil at £2.98 for 5 litres, next to Castrol GTX at £12.98 for 5 litres. The label on the Tesco stuff says it meets the SJ standard.

No mid-priced oil in between, so what should I buy for a 1995 Cavalier

2.0i 16v, 98000 miles, which gets changes about every 6-7k?

(this is a hypothetical question, btw: I got the Castrol.)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Very good for tyres. Good for batteries.

Meat is expensive but good (industrial not farmshop) quality.

Fresh Veg sold in large pack sizes with short shelf life.

Gloppy frozen foods sold in odd-ball US brandnames.

Lots of odd ball American canned and bottled stuff.

Lots of odd ball oversize stuff for the garden (barbecues, etc)

Canned pop and bottled water at good prices.

DG

Reply to
Derek *

PartCo- buy it in 25litre drums- their fleetguard or whatever its called excellant quality SJ or SL spec 15w-40 works out to about just over £1 per litre.

Check what spec & viscosity your car needs first though..

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Thanks for that DG - just as I should've guessed - "a mixed bag".

Reply to
DocDelete

Sorry, should have added they'll refund your annual membership fee at any time during the year if you are dissatisfied.

3 year warranty on everything except computers. Guess some jokers were trying to pull the "perpetual new laptop" trick. :-)

DG

Reply to
Derek *

Yeah, Halfords have offer on their oils sometimes, and they are usually fairly reasonably priced when offer. I think they had the Magnatec half price once, about =A312.50 for 4.5l, which ain't bad.

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk