Car Valuation needed. 2001 Fiat Seicento

If it fails the MOT you will either have to swallow the fee or spend more money to get it through.

Reply to
Doctor Crippen

Not worth the liability either

Reply to
Doctor Crippen

If the dealer has London rent and rates to pay, would it even pay for the space it took up on the yard?

At £250 profit/car they would have to shift 100/year just to make £25K. I don't think anyone could shift that many from a private driveway or parked on roadside. Out of that there would be costs for a yard to keep them on, valeting and other tarting up. Wouldn't take many coming back for a new clutch or ball joint to swallow all the profit.

Reply to
Peter Hill

By dealer I really meant anyone not selling the car privately. Plenty do buy cheap cars at auction, etc, hoping to make a quick profit. Hope being the operative word. Just really trying to explain to the OP why he'd be lucky to get anywhere near the price this sort of car is advertised at in Autotrader, etc, by such dealers.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)