Cheap eBay endoscopes

Has anyone here tried one of these things? We surely live in an age of wonder when you can get such a thing for a tenner. If it works.

Reply to
Etaoin Shrdlu

Yes.

The endoscope worked just fine. The laptop wasn't very good in outdoors with sun.

It wasn't a good experience. :-(

£450 got an engine off E-bay. Win, it was complete except for fuel pressure reg, it had a adaptor and hose for an external one. Included whole inlet, alternator and turbo. Just had to put a down pipe on turbo as the exhaust studs were useless. Some that are striped to bare engine are asking £550.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Thanks for sharing the image. That's pretty much what I'm thinking of. I'm trying to find out if the rattling noise from my engine is caused by pinking, or just a rattle somewhere. If I could see the crowns, it might help me decide.

Reply to
Etaoin Shrdlu

Are you certain a cheap endoscope is small enough to fit through the plug hole?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

it is quite easy to find an 8mm one, the difficulty is in pointing it in the right direction and getting it focussed, and then interpreting the picture.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Yes as that's what was used to take that photo.

It is the type with an outer sheath made from a plastic covered wire spiral and can be bent to a shape that it will retain. It has also managed with a bit of pre-forming to get past the throttle plate and down No1 inlet.

The sort that are just a camera on a bit of flex would be useless.

Reply to
Peter Hill

All true. And seeing the monitor outdoors, as has been said.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)