Checking throttle position sensor

The message from David Taylor contains these words:

That's just silly.

Reply to
Guy King

Not inherently. The bus is indeed in common use.

If I was developing a car, I'd be tempted to use USB.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

I know too much about it, since I had an exam which included knowledge of it last week.

And there's CAN, with two differential signal wires and power & ground. It's becoming common in cars, I believe.

Reply to
David Taylor

The engines CANnae take it! I know about CAN.

1 wire wouldn't really suit for that sort of sensor - you really want for low cost several mA available to run the encoders. USB is sort-of-suitable, as it is fairly noise immune, can support fixed bandwidths, and interfce chips are cheap.
Reply to
Ian Stirling

Sorry, i should have explained what i meant better - the throttle stop is still part of the plate mechanism, but you adjust the TPS to a 'dead zone' at the end of the wiper area, the TPS is still a flimsy carbon trace.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

Right.

Reply to