Chrysler PT Cruiser

Hi all, Time to let my Omega go and is thinking of the above. Has anyone had experience of one? I'm looking at a 2.0 manual and was wondering what they're like on fuel. Parkers owners reviews just say they are usual for a heavy 2 litre. No help at all. The Omega is a 2.5 V6 and is pretty thirsty so I'm looking for something reasonably fuel efficient.

Many thanks.

Reply to
Barnes

The official combined cycle figure is around 33 mpg for the 2.0 petrol manual (the automatic is around 29 as I recall). But, in terms of performance, they're a bit... lacking for something with 33 mpg. I'd not say that they were slow, just that the engine's power delivery and noise isn't as refined as some other engines. Headline figures are something like

140 PS / 190 Nm, but it weighs over 1500 kg.

We looked at the diesel, which has bags more available acceleration without wringing the donk's neck but only has an official combined fuel consumption of 41 mpg or so.

The 2.4 turbo, available in California, is a bit peppier with hardly any fuel consumption impact!

Reply to
DervMan

Personally I wouldn't worry about the fuel consumption, it will spend all its time hidden in your garage for fear of someone seeing you driving such a hideous monstrosity of a car!

Reply to
SimonJ

Whenever I see one of those hideous things I always think of hearses / The Munsters for some reason.

How anyone could spend good money on such a laughable body shape beats me!

Dave

Reply to
Dave Gibson

One mans monstrosity is another's beauty.

Reply to
DervMan

Dave Gibson ( snipped-for-privacy@m.less) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I saw a PT Cruiser convertible the other day. Ohmigawd...

Reply to
Adrian

In message , Adrian writes

An opinion expressed on last night's Top Gear. I've heard it said that the paint on a PT Cruiser is too thin: it isn't thick enough to cover the ugliness.

Had Chrysler asked my permission to use my initials, I would have refused if I'd seen the car first.

Reply to
Peter Twydell

I like the shape - kind of retro looking.

Fiat Multipla, now there's an ugly car. BMW 1 series is pretty hiedous, too. But the Chrysler is OK.

Reply to
Steve Burt