citroen ax

hi

i have a citroen ax m reg and think im having problems with my gearbox? it started a couple of weeks ago when it seemed to 'jump' out of second and like it was going to stall,and while doing a very long motorway journey i noticed that when i was slowing down in fourth after coming off the m way it was seeming to jump in fourth too....ive noticed this is happening more often but not all the time...is this my gearbox do you think?

cheers

Reply to
lfritz73

Get the oil level checked you may be low on oil.

Reply to
david.cawkwell

i had it checked before i did a long trip on saturday and had to top it up but it has got abit worse since then..

Reply to
lfritz73

snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote in news:1173453073.196090.201310 @s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com:

Could be worn engine mounts. They can allow too much movement of the engine and gearbox and cause jumping out. I think that's worth checking since the way you describe it it's happening in situations where the engine rocks like when lifting off the gas to slow down.

Reply to
Stu

it happens when im doing the same speed too..up and down hills, flat roads, etc, i think she just likes to make me panic...he.he...ah.......is engine mounts bad?...my cars such a lemon :-)

Reply to
lfritz73