Citroen ax Debut. Heater problem:only blows cold air.

Hi I have an M reg citroen ax debut and now that it is almost winter I am starting to need the heating. The problem is that when I turn it on only cold air comes out. This is really annoying since I need to un fog the winscreen. Does anyone know how to fix this problem as I want to repair it myself?

Thank you

Reply to
eq

Very likely to be a blocked heater matrix - AXes are notorious for it, because they tend to gather air in the system. I've unblocked one by blasting it for either end of the matrix with a garden hose. Load of rusty sludge came out when I backwashed it and after that, plenty of heat.

Reply to
Vim Fuego

Thanks for the advice Vim but can you explain where the heater matrix is and what it looks like?

Reply to
eq

Not in any way that'd be helpful. Buy a Haynes manual - Halfords if you need it quickly, eBay if you want it second hand and cheap but maybe a bit slower.

Reply to
Vim Fuego

Just to add to that, the reason for Vim's answer is that the heater matrix is just about the most inaccessible bit of any car, buried next to the bulkhead under the dash somewhere.

It's a little radiator connected to the engine's cooling system, and the ventilation system sends air through it to warm it (the air) up.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Although it isn't actually that difficult to get at the entry and exit ports if you know where you're looking, but you'd be better off looking at a picture.

Reply to
Vim Fuego