citroen turbo bx headgasket

hi a friends dad is selling a citroen turbo bx cheap as the head gasket is on the way out. had a friend look at it and he said at moment its small leak, but that continuing to drive it will damage the head , eventually water getting into oil and wrecking engine. I m wondering if anyone has experience of products that claim to seal h. gasket leaks. do they work and if so what make is best? thanks pedro

Reply to
pedro

pedro ( snipped-for-privacy@laposte.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Change the head gasket. Anything else is a bodge.

Reply to
Adrian

New headgaskets work rather well.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Is there any other kind of BX? (c:

Have the gasket changed, it's basically a very common engine so a garage probably won't have any trouble getting bits or doing the work. Shop around.

To answer your question: If a product that claims to fix head gasket leaks does work, I'm pretty sure it won't be a very satisfactory fix.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

There's some stuff that does work for head cracks. Nothing works for head gaskets.

Reply to
Doki

normally im not a great lover of additives & sceptical of the claims they make, nothing beats doing the job properly, but this stuff K-seal

is excellent, we have had customers with headgaskets gone , but want an alternative to a costly repair, so at 9.99 ago its defentatnly worth a shot, used it about 5 times now and not one has come back with over heating problems or gasket problems.

Reply to
reg

thanks I ll give it a go. Pedro , I ll tell you all how i get on

Reply to
pedro