Re: Yorkshire Air Ambulance Service Charity - Saving Lives Across the North

Richard Hammond's family have thanked everyone via Sky News for all

> the cards, flowers and letters of support, which they have been > overwhelmed by, but they have requested that people instead donate > money to the Yorkshire Air Ambulance Service Charity because without > them he probably wouldn't have made it.

What is it with people that want the noteriety of spamming this stuff across loads of newsgroups? I'm pretty sure everyone is aware of this effort and I have also made a donation but I felt more guilty for feeling I had to donate because it took someone like the Hamster to get enough publicitiy to make me do so.

I'll learn to deal with my guilt pretty much as I do when I'm accosted at the exit of Morrisons by do-gooders. I go to do my shopping, I don't need grief whilst leaving with goods essential to my daily life.

uk.rec.cars.maintenance is in my view somewhere where I can learn stuff about the vehicles I drive and whilst I sympathise with Richard Hammond's current state of health I begrudge people coming here and using as a means of noteriety by spamming across many groups.

This isn't an attack on Richard Hammond, I really do hope he makes a full recovery and would love nothing more than the Top Gear to which I am now accustomed. This is a plea to the attention-seekers that want to milk this for all it's worth!!! Leave the guy be for gods sake.

Can we get back to broken cars now please?

Reply to
Dave

[snip]

Your post is kinda ironic, though...