Clicking noise when wipers operate?

Hi,

Maybe someone here could help.

I have a year 2000 Honda Prelude 2000Sport which I just had a category 1 alarm installed in, last night I used the wipers for the first time since the instalation and noticed a click every time the wipers make a sweep.

It sounds like a relay operating but this never happened before, does anyone know if this could be related to the new alarm?

I can`t go back to the installer untill next week and when I do go back I would like to have some idea in case he says it has nothing to do with the installation.

TIA

Des.

P.S. Could anyone tell me what the BHP and top speed of the above car is supposed to be?

Reply to
des

Either a part of the wiper linkage is strikng something like a part of the alarm system (unlikely), or the blades are strking the sides of the screen at the end of each stroke( Unlikely unless they have been removed and replaced), or there is a small amount of play in the linkage which is taken up in the opposite direction as the blades start their return stroke.( Most likely)

Er, no. Sorry.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

If you're using interval wipe then that's normal and you've only noticed it because you're listening for problems due to alarm fitting.

Reply to
Conor

I think it may always have been there with the intermittent but it is now on all speeds.

Des.

Reply to
des

If it is a relay, and it couldn't be heard before, I would guess the alarm installer has moved the relay or something that was muffling the sound. Perhaps he has misplaced or left out a piece of foam sound insulation.

Reply to
Dan Buchan