Clock

My dashboard l.e.d. clock works but isn't lit up. Is there a separate fuse for the clock light?

I am permitting a maximum of 2 sarky replies to this post :)

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

the bulb has probably failed

Reply to
Mrcheerful

In message , Arthur 51 writes

Sarky reply #1......... what fu$king car is it?

Reply to
Paul Giverin

I think it is time to change the bulb!

If it is a Corsa, and it is like mine it'll be a tiny little bullet bulb, i changed mine for LEDs as i didn't fancy keep changing it. (I managed to find an LED witha suitible resistor built in)

Tom

Reply to
Kipling

Mine does this sometimes .. twatting the dash brings it back on. Eventually I'll replace the bulb/connector/loose bit, but cba mostly ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

I'll take a wild guess anyway.

No.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Maybe the light comes on when using headlights only?

Reply to
johannes

My clock failed in the same way. It turned out to be the bulb behind the numbers.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob Graham

Its a LED type clock...do they have bulbs?

Reply to
Arthur 51

96 accord auto.
Reply to
Arthur 51

Never comes on...the rotten little s**te!

Reply to
Arthur 51

Do I use a screwdriver to lever out the clock?

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

No it isnt - otherwise it couldn't work without being lit up. do you mean LCD?

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Ah f*ck! Now I don't know if its led or lcd...its 96 accord. What was common at that time?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

Lump hammer, mate.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

most car clocks are LCD, they cannot be seen unless suitably lit, every one I have fixed has needed the bulbs replacing (except astra where the board needed soldering)

Reply to
Mrcheerful

The joy of having an old car from 1993... Everything is analog. Switches does what it says on them. You don't get different actions depending on how many times or how long time you push a knob or button.

Reply to
johannes

"Arthur 51" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Look carefully at it with the ignition switched off. I'll bet you it still displays the time, albeit barely visibly. You may need to change the lighting on the front.

Yes, they're backlit.

Reply to
Adrian

johannes gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Rubbish.

Reply to
Adrian

I know my car has ECU with micro chips, but everything on the dash is analog. That was what I meant.

I admittedly got a confused when recently hired a corsa. There are multifunction switch buttons on each side of the bar across the steering wheel. Naturally, when you turn the steering wheel a fair bit during parking, then the left becomes becomes right and visa versa, but the switches looks exactly the same. That flummoxed me a bit, LOL!

Reply to
johannes