Clock

johannes gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Ah. Thought you were referring to generalities. My bad.

Anyway, back in 1993, there were cars with digital dashes - had been for a decade or more. Multiplexing was already coming in, too.

Reply to
Adrian

about 25 years ago I was quite startled by some early renault with a electronic dashboard when it spoke to me .

Reply to
Mrcheerful

"Mrcheerful" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Then there was the Maestro, the BX Digit, the Mk2 Astra GTE, and many others. And that was just this side of the pond. God knows what kind of shit the 'merkins were inflicting on their punters.

A quick google suggests the first car with fully multiplexed wiring was the Cadillac Allante in 1987.

Reply to
Adrian

Sarky reply #2

Did you do something to make the bulb blow or did it go of its own accord?

sorry.

Reply to
Angus

...and how did this make you feel..?

Reply to
Geo

I was deeply traumatised and soon grew to hate all French cars, this had been started many years before by Renault Dauphines, DS Dix-neuf hydraulics, and even worse the Simca van that I was forced to drive and repair, and later a DS23 heater matrix change. aaaaargh, where is the Highland Park................

Reply to
Mrcheerful